Tuesday, April 24, 2007
“Cloud of Rain”. August 2004. United Nations Information Centre Bulletin.
“Undying wounds”, “Home”, “Armageddon”. April 2004. National Constitutional Assembly Journal.
“Who Shall Stop The War?” May 2002. Zimbabwe/Iranian Friendship Bulletin.
“Volcano”. February 2002. Cracking Voice: An Anthology, published by The Budding Writers Association.
“Peace Described”. April 2001. United Nations Information Centre Bulletin.
“When The Rain Season Comes”. December 1999. MOTO Magazine.
“Wakatamba nedzidzomwanangu”. November 1998. Cracking Voice: An Anthology, published by the Budding Writers Association.
2001 and 2002 – Various poems, poetry reviews and interviews published in the Writers’ Scroll Magazine.
“Streets”. June 1997.
November 2003 –
Mbizo was Invited by Zambian female writers to perform his poetry for Zambian women, writers, poets, lecturers, students, journalists, artists and school teachers.
September-October 2003 –
At the invitation of the Swedish International Development Agency (Sida) and the Zimbabwe International Book Fair, Mbizo performed with other well-known international poets at a variety of venues, including a book fair in Gothenburg, the Nordic African Institute in Uppsala, Sida’s heqdquarters, the Sweden Writers’ Union and the Rinkeby Library. He both performed and led a discussion at a seminar of the Swedish International Library Association.
1999 – 2005 - Book Café Cultural Centre
2002 – 2005 -
2001– 2004 - Cultural Sections at Palestinian and Iranian Embassies
2001– 2003 - Budding Writers Association
July – Commemoration of the 10th anniversary of World Population Day, held by the United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA).
May – MISA
July – National Organization of Non-Governmental Organizations (NANGO), for a program held in
May – National AIDS Council of
June – World Health Organization, for launch of Oliver Mtukudzi's anti-malaria CD.
September –AFRICA Speaks, a youth program on culture and youth empowerment.
December 2003 – November 2004 – Project Director for The Young Writers’ Caravan
- Directed activities for young writers and poets, both in and out of school, to develop their creative skills in the arts industry.
August 2003 – Assistant Coordinator and Programs Presenter for the
- Coordinated with writers, poets, artists and musicians for the cultural and literary program of events during the fair.
- Emceed events, readings, and presentations throughout the fair.
Early 2002 to Mid-2003 – Publicity and Marketing Officer for the National Office Secretariat of the Budding Writers Association of
- Wrote articles for the association bulletin, advocating the reading culture and administration of arts.
- Organized workshops, meetings, and compiled reports of seminars and gatherings.
May 2002 – Planner with the National Arts Council of
- Played a key role in planning of the 2002 National Arts Council cultural week.
- Served as an event coordinator and facilitated communication amongst arts groups.
March 2001 – Outreach
- Visited 29 schools in high-density areas of
- Recited poetry and promoted the reading culture, advising school pupils on the necessity of reading books and learning.